Friday, September 17, 2010

Flipping out

"A line is a dot going for a walk." --Paul Klee

We are going to use this quote as inspiration for creating a flip book.

Magically, incessantly, universally, humans create art, and we have started to speak the language of art--that is, we are starting to use the elements and principles.

Your flip book will:
  • start with a line and end with a line (our first art element).
  • incorporate movement (a principle of art).
  • have at least 20 well-crafted pages.
  • have a draft (to be explained/sketched on PAGE 15 of your sketchbook, along with the notes taken from looking at the links on this posting)
  • be recorded using your laptop and placed in a digital portfolio

16 comments:

  1. You want us to do that! That's going to be one heck of a challenge. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha!!! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That... was... EPICLY AWESOMESAUCE!!! I'm really going to enjoy (*ahem* ...the attempt to...) dominate this challenge >:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats going to be fun, never created one. im ready for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these things they are fun to create and ive never gotten one as an assignment. only as a way to procrastinate

    ReplyDelete
  6. what do you mean by starting and ending with a line? I'm not sure how to start because I'm not quite sure with the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Showed my sister the video. She liked it. She LOVED the fact I get to make one of these IN class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yus, this will be...epic! ( well mine wont be but it will be fun)
    my concern is the number of pages, thats kind of small for a flipnote..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I've started to make one but I never finished it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting quote! I can't wait to start.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was probably the best flipbook I've ever seen! Can't wait to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Gosh loved the video and cant wait to get started although it looks hard as ... okay well just really hard

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats super cool my favorite part is when the guy yells "THIS IS SPARTA!" and smashes the pyramid

    ReplyDelete
  14. *standing ovation!* Wow! That was really sick! How did they do that? Flip the pages or take snapshots of every pages and then fast forward it with sound effects? That was really awesome! Starting from the Big Bang, to the Ice Age, up to to Roman Empire and then the Milky Way! It pretty much summed up everything that has happened. Dang, we've come a long way..

    ReplyDelete
  15. the video itself is very entertaining to watch but looks difficult to create and i agree with liana.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was AWESOME!!!!! I loved it <3

    ReplyDelete